COVID-19 Patient Safety Precautions
We have implemented increased sanitizing measures, strict personal protective equipment (PPE) standards compliant with CDC guidelines, and screening protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of our team and doctors.
Our patient protocol is as follows:
- We will continue COVID-19 screening and temperature checks, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are a new patient to us, we require that you fill out and submit new patient registration forms PRIOR to your appointment with us. You can find the registration forms here.
- Do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- We ask that all patients come to their appointments alone; only caretakers or a minor patient’s parent are permitted to accompany patients into our office.
- We require that all patients and those that must accompany them to our office, wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers their mouth and nose. The CDC’s most recent mask guidance for fully vaccinated people does not apply to health care settings.
- We provide hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. We will ask you to use it when you enter our office.
- We will require that patients stand at least 3 feet apart during check-in / check-out and while in the reception area.
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 30 days, please CALL US to postpone. PLEASE DO NOT COME IN FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT.
We will continue to monitor information as it becomes available. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We wish you all continued health and safety.
Last updated 6/24/2021